Monday, April 18, 2016

A Math Puzzle

Now keep in mind that my math club is for K-3. So this week I made a math puzzle. I took some puzzles from the dollar store and assembled them. Then I flipped them over and took a sharpie to the back, numbering the puzzle pieces 1-100 (It was a 100 piece puzzle). So during Math Club today I had them assemble the puzzle by arranging the pieces in order from 1-100. It took a while, and the children were reluctant at first, but then they got into it, competing for who would finish first so they could play another game. I thought this was a good way to practice counting to a higher number then those counting bears could go to (100 bears is an awful lot) without it seeming too daunting. When they were done I helped them to flip over the puzzle and see what picture they made. Then since it was a Disney Villains puzzle they talked about Disney for a few minutes. Finally I let them run around and get some energy out. Till next time. Regards, Nicole.

No comments:

Post a Comment