Thursday, June 9, 2016

City of Ember and How We Survive

Sixth and Seventh grade book club was really fun this week. We discussed The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau which is great book if you haven't read it. It was compared to The Giver and Maze Runner. After the book discussion we played a game of The Worst Case Scenario Survival Game. It gives you topics of worst case scenarios like, what do you do if the breaks go out in your car? and what is the proper way to jump off a train? It then gives you three choices of what to do. Some of them just seem silly while sometimes more then one of them seems possible. You then guess which option is the correct choice. This is a game from 2002, so I didn't come up with it myself, it was something I got when I was in sixth grade myself. But the kids and I had a lot of fun guessing and coming up with our own solutions to the scenarios. This is the last book of the year, can't wait to start again in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment