Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone! This is the first post of The Youth Services Room, a blog for Smyth Public Library's Children's Room, Juvenile fiction area and Teen area.

Here you will find information on my 3,4,5,6-7 and teen book clubs, or discussions and some read-alikes to go with the books we are reading. So far I have met for the first time (I'm the new Children's/Youth Services librarian) with the fourth graders who picked the book Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein, and I have also met with the 6-7 grade group who chose Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger. Next I will meet with the 3rd graders who will hear their book choices and pick a book, and finally the fifth and teen groups who will do the same thing. I try to bring fun into my book clubs, so while we do have discussion we also have games which have to do with the book, you'll have to read more to find out.

This blog will also talk about our storytimes, children and teen programs, and displays. I hope you will both gain something from my posts as well as stay as entertained as I was creating these moments to write about. Hope to post soon. Regards.

The Youth Services Room

No comments:

Post a Comment